First Year Florida is offered every Summer B, Fall and Spring Semester. There are a variety of First Year Florida sections offered. Depending on your interests and your needs, there are a variety of options for you. Below are some examples:
- First Year Florida for CHM1025 Online: This linked course is for students registered in online CHM1025. Taking these two courses together allows students to have a higher connection with faculty and peers, out-of-class engagement opportunities, knowledge of campus policies and time management
- First Year Florida for MAC1147: This linked course is for student registered in a specific section of MAC1147. Taking these two courses together allows students to have a higher connection with faculty and peers, out-of-class engagement opportunities, knowledge of campus policies and time management
- Out of State: This section is for out-of-state Gators only. Learn not only about UF but also about Gainesville and what it means to be a Floridian while meeting and interacting with other out-of-state Gators.
- Exploratory: This section is designed to assist student that are exploring a major or undecided.
- On-Campus Housing: These sections are designed so students can take classes where they live. They will have the opportunity to interact with the housing staff and other students living in their Residence Halls.
- Online: This section is designed for University of Florida Online students. Utilizing interactive modules, videos and discussion boards, online students will learn how to utilize the University of Florida’s resources regardless of where they are located.
- Fast Forward: This 8-week, hands-on section is designed specifically to connect first year students to UF by discussing your strengths, reviewing campus involvement, pairing you with a faculty/staff mentor and more.
- Transfer: This section is designed for those student that have enrolled at a higher education intuition before coming the university of Florida and after completing high school.
- Major/College Specific: There are a variety of sections that are offered based on your college/major. This includes a section for the college of Health & Human Performance, Pre-Pharmacy.
Below you will find further information about that various sections that are offered each year. For more information, please click the section number to view the syllabus for that section. For time and locations, please visit the Schedule of Courses.